My brother had bought a games consul with karaoke - so that added to the evening! I do love to have a good sing!
We served up bbq food and nachos (and lots of beer!) I made some lovely chocolate orange brownies - here's the recipe (thank you Jamie Oliver!)
Bloomin Brilliant Brownies
250g unsalted butter
200g dark choc
80g cocoa powder
65g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
360g caster sugar
4 large eggs
optional: zest of 1 orange
1. Melt the choc and butter over a pan of simmering water
2. Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the melted choc and butter - beat well.
4. Add the eggs and orange zest - beat again
5. Pour into a baking tray and cook for about 25 mins at gas mark 4.
6. Eat ... yum yum yum!