Serves 2 hungry people!
Low fat spray
3 homegrown courgettes
1/2 onion - chopped finely
175g risotto rice
splash of white wine
1/2 litre of good vegetable stock
handful of mint from the garden- chopped
1. Fry the courgettes in the low fat spray for about 5 minutes until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Wipe the pan and spray again with oil. Fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the rice and stir to coat it in the onion mixture. Pour in the wine and cook for about 1-2 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
3. Start adding the stock a bit at a time until the stock has been incorporated. This will take about 20 minutes to cook. Test a grain of rice between your fingertips - it should be tender by still firm in the centre.
4. Stir in the courgettes and mint and 3 tablespoons of the cheese, add pepper to taste.
5. Serve with a green salad and the rest of the cheese sprinkled on top.