Monday 8 December 2008

Mummy Plum's Famous Ice-Cream!

After mentioning my Violet Ice-cream yesterday, I couldn't leave it too long before posting the recipe! It's so easy, and you can flavour it with anything (lemon, ginger, strawbs, rasps....I've even made Christmas Pud ice-cream before! That was delish!).

Anyway, while on hols in France earlier this year, I had the most lovely Violet ice-cream (while at Versailles - I like to think that Marie Antoinette would have spent her days eating this wonderful ice-cream!)

Whip 1 pint of cream (whipping or double) to soft peaks

Add 10oz icing sugar (sifted) and vanilla extract, to taste (or any flavour you like!)

Freeze

Eat

So simple, and no faffing around with ice-cream makers!

I added a jar of violet preserve (bought from Lakeland) and slurp of violet syrup and a drop of food colouring.  I haven't tasted it yet, but will update you in due course!

No comments: