Wednesday 28 July 2010

Breakfast Muffins


I woke up this morning with the urge to make Breakfast Muffins ... I'm not a huge sweet muffin fan (unless they form part of the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at The Hotel Metro in New York!!) - but I am partial to a bran muffin, or the lovely savoury muffins in Starbucks! YUM!

So, having to get up early (well, earlier than normal - recent days have seen my staying in bed until the end of Woman's Hour!) for my 38 week midwife appointment - I had a quick look on the Internet for a breakfast muffin recipe .... I found one that looks rather nice here and picked up the few extra ingredients that I didn't have in the cupboard. I'm hoping that this recipe will live up to expectations as it has already found it's way into my own recipe book!

My 38 week appointment went very well .... all checks and tests were fine and Baby Plum is 3/5 engaged! My next appointment is booked in for 11 August ... two days after my due date to book me in for an induction, if it is needed. Mr Plum was instructed to let the midwife know if the appointment is no longer needed.

Mr Plum is convinced that Baby Plum will arrive on Friday when he is oop North with work. I don't think she will be making an appearance this side of my due date, although I was concerned that the full moon may have had an impact on her! One of the girls from the antenatal classes was told by her midwife that as she was due on the 1st August, she should be aware of this week's full moon which could mean that she would go into labour two days either side! Apparently many hospitals have extra midwives on during a full moon as there is usually an increased number of babies being born! Well ... I am meeting her for coffee on Friday - so no baby has appeared yet!

Anyway, I do believe that it is time for a cup of tea and a Yorkshire Tea biscuit before I head out into the garden to give my tomatoes some TLC.

I hope that you are all having great Wednesdays!!

4 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Well I never knew how the full moon could affect pregnant mothers!

Victoria x

Val said...

The muffins looks very yummy - enjoy!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh how exciting (and scary), little one is nearly here to meet you :-) Those muffins look fab, have you tried blueberry ones, not too sweet and fab for you with all those vitamins in the blueberries. The recipe is on my blog.

Kelly said...

I don't really like muffins but they look goooood! (I reckon I could force one down!)
Oh I better check the full moons round my due date! My Mum does astrology and always warns me about the moon. I usually get 'the moon is in saturn, be careful!'