Thursday 22 July 2010

A bit of knitting ...

Here is a little cardie I have been working on for a while! I had finished the main body of the cardie but was putting off doing the fiddly button band ...

This morning I woke up feeling a bit sniffy and had no energy to do anything ... I had planned to go for a swim and do some other bits and pieces - but ended up spending most of the day in bed snoozing while listening to Radio 4 and then 6 Music in the afternoon.

At lunchtime I thought I picked up the unfinished cardie ... I couldn't get it to hang right for the picture - I'm hoping that it will look better when modelled by Baby Plum! I need to work on my seam technique too! But, this is only the second baby cardie I have ever knitted - so feeling a bit proud of myself!

You can see the first cardie I knitted here sadly, my hard work was in vain for this one as I never got a thank you - indeed, they didn't even recall receiving it as they had so many pressies. Maybe a handmade knitted matinee jacket was a bit too shabby for them! Oh well!

Anyway, I adapted the pattern to include the pretty purple frill at the bottom and on the cuffs. I think it looks great!

4 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Lucky baby plum - can't beat hand-knits on new babies :)

Kandi said...

Totally agree can't beat hand knits. Your cardie is cute as can be, and the matinee jacket was beautiful, can't believe you didn't get a thank you, how rude.
Kandi x

Sheila said...

Thats so sad you didnt get a 'thank you', your first little knit is so cute. This one is so, so lovely-babies should be dressed like that!! Baby Plum will be one lucky baby!
Sheila
x

Val said...

Very cute. I have briefly tried my hand at knitting, but can't seem to get past the scarf/dishcloth stage. Sigh. I fear I'll be stuck with rectangular only projects for awhile still!