Tuesday 19 May 2009

A Wonderful Week In Switzerland!


I have just come back from my camping holiday in Switzerland! It was AMAZING! I would thoroughly recommend the Eurocamp site at Lauterbrunnen ... the valley of 72 waterfalls! At night all you could hear was the water ... it was so beautiful and with plenty of beautiful walks nearby - it was the perfect setting.  Some walks would start in the valley in blazing sunshine and finish a steep walk later (with the help of the odd cable car!) in the snow!! 

I also enjoyed the Swiss diet (and amazingly ... haven't put on any weight!! ha ha - maybe if I hadn't troughed my way through 400g (oh yes!) of toblerone, I may have even lost weight!!)

As you would probably expect, we found Switzerland quite pricey and most of the time we took a packed lunch out on our walks and ate something back at the tent in the evening.  We did eat out a couple of times and had local Swiss specialities ... fondue, raclette and rosti! YUM! All washed down with the local lager (much to Mr Plum's shame!) or the lovely Weiss Bier. 

I hope that you have all had lovely weeks!
x

No comments: