Sunday 4 January 2009

A Sunday Tea Party

Any excuse to drink tea and eat cakes!!  As I was feeling a bit under the weather over New Year, I have invited our friends who hosted us on the 31st round for afternoon tea ... a fine excuse to try out some recipes from "Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer".  

On the menu today, I will be serving scones (with Marco Polo jelly from Paris, and lashings of cream), and "Strike Me Pink" Raspberry cakes (I tested one, just to make sure they had worked .. I'm not sure, so will just have another one ... and maybe another one ....!)

I will also be serving Christmas cake and biscuits that we have left after Christmas ... ready to start with a clean slate tomorrow!

There's only four of us here to tea this afternoon - do you think I have baked enough??! 

No comments: