Saturday 17 January 2009

A Crafty Saturday ...

As it was such a lovely sunny day today (unlike the rain and gales which were forecast, and I suspect, will hit "the south" tonight..) I decided that as Mr Plum was off taking photos and spending time in the "Apple Shop" with a friend from work, I would walk to my nearest haberdashers and get some bits and pieces to get working on!

It was a pleasant 30 minute walk along one of South London's parks ... it felt more like March and the beginning of Spring than mid-January!

I got the Cath Kidston "Make" book for Christmas ... so picked up some felt and threads and will start embellishing and appliqueing (is that even a word?)!  I think that I am addicted to buying fat quarters ... but have decided to make some bunting with the collection of material I have now acquired! 

As I write this, I have given up (!) for the evening, my attempt to follow a "beginners" pattern for a hold all bag to keep all my bits of fabric in ... I think I will have to do a bit of unpicking in the morning, as it has gone slightly wrong! oh well ... 

While we are on the subject of sewing ... here's a gratuitous picture of the lovely red polka dot sewing box which Mr Plum gave me for Christmas!  


No comments: