Monday 5 January 2009

Another posting about cakes!

My Sunday tea party went very well .... every single cake, scone and biscuit was eaten up.  I thought I would use this as an excuse to post a picture of my cake stand.  I love it! It was given to me by Mr Plum's Auntie from Oop North....it's always a pleasure to find an excuse to load it up with goodies!  

And, could my Sunday get any better?  A new series of Lark Rise started on BBC1!  

Well, the Christmas decorations are down now ... and the living room is looking bare and bland and ready for redecoration! Me and Mr Plum spent Saturday going around DIY stores and have bought a lovely new fireplace!  Here it is ... Luckily we got a bargain in the January sales!  I can't wait to have it installed (to replace the awful fireplace we inherited from the previous owners of our flat). 

2 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

I love your cake stand it is so pretty, love the new fireplace, how charming :)

Wishing you a very Happy New Year

Must get cracking with my jam :)

X

saraeden said...

Ooooh that's a very pretty cake stand !!