Mr Plum was busy putting edging on the work top, finishing laying the floor, putting a nifty piece of wood on the step into the bathroom (a bit difficult to describe on here - but looks great!) and putting a new light in. I made a start on transforming the "cube", and painting shelves and window sills.
We are nearly there - our aim is to get it completely finished by Christmas!
My main project today was "cube" - Mr Plum's pride and joy - but far too '80's for my liking - and it no longer fits into our lovely kitchen.
Here is the cube - before it got the Plum treatment!
I have painted the cube with a nice white gloss to match the other bits of furniture in the kitchen. I had planned to use a "grainer" tool on it - but that didn't work!
My next job will be to make little curtains for the open shelves on the cube. I have been looking on the Cath Kidston website for inspiration and have found some nice pieces of oil cloth with pretty vintage patterns. I have sent off for samples - here is my favourite:
but it really depends on how much I will need as typically it is quite pricey!