Wednesday 8 June 2011

Strawberry Jam

I forgot to tell you about my jam!

I made strawberry jam with the first batch of berries we picked from the allotment.  

Unfortunately I didn't add enough lemon juice to the jam so it is very runny at the moment.  My mum found some remedies to sort out runny strawberry jam, so I will be having a go at thickening it up soon!

We picked about 10lbs of strawberries from the allotment! Our allotment neighbours even commented to Mr Plum that they thought we had the best patch on the site! Hmmm...I bet she pinched a couple! ha ha!

Our freezer is bursting with more strawbs ... I'm planning on making some more jam and some ice cream. Yummy!

2 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Oooh strawberry ice cream sounds wonderful!

Victoria xx

Unknown said...

Strawberry anything sounds yummy. I love them! :o) xx