Sunday 5 June 2011

Can I have a pea, please?

Hello!

Thanks for all your lovely comments...I think I was just in a bit of a funk :) A holiday in Kent and a week in the Cotswolds (with my parents entertaining Baby Plum lots while I had a rest!!) has left me feeling refreshed and ready to get back on here!

Mr Plum has been busy on the allotment.  I have to admit that when we took it on I had a romantic vision of spending my maternity leave down at the allotment with Baby Plum in her pram sleeping or playing. Unfortunately that wasn't to be as it has managed to coincide with Baby Plum going through the "separation anxiety" phase (and how long does this last?!). It has meant that we have found it very hard to keep on top of the upkeep of the plot as we have been away a lot.  While I went to my parents last week, Mr Plum was down the allotment each evening digging, weeding, weeding and more weeding!

But, we are starting to see the fruits of our labours! We have had about 10lbs of strawberries from the plot! I have made a batch of jam (more about that tomorrow!), my mum whizzed up a couple of jars of strawberry sauce yesterday and I have stacks of berries in the freezer (ice cream?)

We have also had some peas!! Eaten last night for dinner. Delicious!


Gratuitous "baby eating homegrown strawbs" picture!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh you have done really well with the fruit! Ice cream sounds a perfect use! Baby Plum is certainly happy to have the job of Cheif Taster!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Wow what a lot of strawberries! I really must go and plant out my runners. I've been so slack in my garden lately and the caterpillars are having a field day. Very cute baby you are growing as well!