Wednesday 13 January 2010

Essential Hats for Snowy Days

Here I am ... at home enjoying my first snow day ... watching tv shows and films which Mr Plum can't abide (Glee, Cranford Christmas Specials, An American In Paris) and finishing off a bit of knitting!

Here's my hat!

Isn't she lovely? (Apologies about the rubbish self portraits!!)

The pattern has a pom pom in a contrasting yarn - but I don't think I will bother with that ... maybe I will add a knitted flower instead? I'm not sure ...

This hat can be found in the lovely book by Kim Hargreaves "Thrown Together" and it suitable for a knitter with a little experience. The pattern was pretty simple and easy to follow ... I have managed to drop the odd stitch - but I don't think that it is too noticeable.

My next knitting project is going to be .... a (deep breath) cardigan! It will take me years, but I want to give it a go! I have chosen another pattern from Thrown Together ... have a look here and have my wool ready thanks to a work colleague who's girlfriend works in John Lewis and is happy to use her discount to fund my yarn habit!! It is such a pretty colour (Melody 173) ... just need to get practising my double moss stitch!!

4 comments:

Lululiz said...

Fabulous hat! I think a flower would be much nicer than a pom pom, yep.

SparkleFarkel said...

Nice chapeau! Maybe you'll go the distance: flower and pom pom???

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I love your hat! I hope my knitting/crochet skills are half as good as yours one day!

Have a great weekend

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

Great Hat (and you are very cute ha ha xxx)