Here's the recipe:
125g butter, chilled and cubed
75g icing sugar
175g plain flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
10-12 tsp jam
1. Sift the flour, icing sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Lightly rub the butter into the mixture, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Whisk the egg yolk and vanilla in a small bowl. Combine with the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Form the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 mins.
3. Preheat oven to gas 3
4. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Place each portion between 2 pieces of baking parchment and roll out until 4mm thick.
5. Using a 6cm fluted cutter, cut each sheet of dough into an equal number of disks. Then cut shapes out of the centre of half the disks using a Christmas themed cutter.
6. Transfer the disks to baking sheets lined with parent and bake for 15-20 minutes until just firm and barely coloured.
7. Remove from the oven and gently spread a teaspoon of j in the centre of the full discs and then put their cut out partners on to.
8. Return to the oven and cool for a further 5-6 minutes until light golden and well stuck together with jam. Cool completely before eating.
Keep them well out of reach of any geeky 2 year old with incredibly long arms!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone. Isn't that a pip?