Friday 30 October 2009

I can crochet!

Last night I had my second class at The Make Lounge and it was much more successful than the first!!

I managed to do a bit of practising during the week ... not as much as I would have liked, but think that I have now got a hang of the wierdly named stitches (double treble - I ask you!!). Anyway, here is a picture of the flower I made last night!!

I am now going to have a go at crocheting a granny square and may even book myself onto the Super Cool Crochet Squares workshop!

I probably said this in my last post about learning crochet - but I would definitely recommend The Make Lounge. There were six of us in the class, of varying ability ... but Catherine (the teacher) made us all feel relaxed and explained the stitches in terms suitable for absolute beginners (like myself!) there were plenty of biscuits, tea and wine to keep us going! It feels great to have learnt a new craft this week!

Hurray! It's Friday and due to being super-diligent at work today ... I don't have to go in for Saturday overtime! Yey!! Having worked almost every Saturday since the August Bank holiday ... I am ready for a two day weekend ... with nothing planned yet (a trip to Northcote Road (Cath Kidston) or Marylebone High Street (Cath Kidston)? A nice breakfast somewhere?) .....

2 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Victoria, I love to crochet, especially afghans (am finishing one up now) and just want to tell you that your flower is absolutely super. You have a nice, even stitch. And your flower doesn't pucker, unusual for the first attempt. I think you've found a great hobby (especially in the winter!)

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Did you make it to CK?! Tell us what you brought if you did!

Victoria x