Wednesday 16 March 2011

Babywearing: A Review of My Wonderful Snugbaby Sling

Those eagle-eyed readers among you may have noticed this logo appear on my blog a month or so ago ...

Well, I entered the competition and I won!! Yes, I WON A SLING!!!!


Here we are in front facing mode ... Baby Plum is mid raspberry blow ... she really likes to blow raspberries!

I bought myself a bog standard Mothercare sling when pregnant. I knew that I would want to carry Baby Plum this way sometimes, but didn't research the whole sling thing as much as I should have. In fact, although a very good friend of mine is a self confessed "breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth nappying mama" it didn't even occur to me to ask her advice on which sling to get .... anyway, a few facebook whinges about my sling later, and my friend suggested I look at all the different slings in the market, and maybe visit a local sling meet to try them out.

I did look at the different slings, but was put off by the fact that the baby is only held in by a couple of knots ... and the price, having already forked out for one sling, I couldn't really justify the £60 odd quid being charged for other slings.

Well, that was a mistake as it would have been £60 odd quid well spent! I have worn my new sling quite a bit since collecting it from the Post Office depot last week. I have tried baby Plum in the front facing and inward facing positions (but not on my back yet!) and it is so comfy for me and the babe. In fact, it does not feel like I am carrying 16lbs of baby on my front!

The material is lovely and I was able to choose my design (I went for this lovely Blossom design), the sling is reversible if Mr Plum fancies wearing it, but doesn't want the blossom design!

I would definitely recommend this kind of sling to anyone who is looking to try out a spot of babywearing!

Baby Plum is a bit poorly at the moment, otherwise I would have tried her out in the hip wearing position and be in the greenhouse!

1 comment:

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

I think these are fab. Isaw a lady in one the other day and both her and the baby looked so comfy x