Thursday 16 July 2009

Vintage Knits

A friend has lent me her Gran's book of knitting patterns - "Practical Family Knitting Illustrated" ... I thought I would share some of the fabulous pictures from the book.

How would your husband/boyfriend like a"Man's Sport Shirt Knitted in a Checked Rib"?


Or what about a lovely "Summer Dress Knitted in a Linen Thread"?


I think that I will have a go at this "Sleeveless Jerkin For Fresh Spring Days" ....

Or maybe this ....

Or this?

The patterns are so lovely and classic - I will definitely have to give something a try! Or maybe I will just settle for getting myself a 40's hairdo!!

2 comments:

Mrs D's Recipes For Life said...

These are fantastic! what great pictures!

Love
Kelly xx

vanessa said...

Those 40's patterns are fab aren't they. Love the name of your blog, and am in awe of your veg, they look delicious and so healthy.
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)