Sunday 7 June 2009

Summer Days

The UK has been blessed with glorious summer weather (well, up until the torrential thunder storm of 0630 this morning!) ... so Mr Plum and I have been spending lots of time out in the garden, but also out and about enjoying touristy stuff in London.

We have been taking advantage of National Rail's Two for One offer on major tourist attractions (if you travel by train)....which makes a day out in London a bit more affordable!

So far we have been to Kew Gardens and London Zoo - both of which were fab days out and places that I had wanted to visit since moving down to London almost 10 years ago, but always felt that two adult tickets would make it quite a pricey day out.

We have spent this weekend at home doing housework and jobs in the garden.  The vegetable patch is looking GREAT! I have my first head of purple sprouting brocolli, lots of flowers on my tomatoes, flower buds on my potatoes, and my first little courgette appearing! Hurray!!!  Such a shame that I have the back to work Sunday blues ....

No comments: